NJ Audiology

Join online now!

Renew online now!

New Jersey Legislative Issues/Governmental Affairs


NJ Audiologists’ Dual Licensure Requirement

Currently, NJ is one of 15 states that require audiologists to hold “dual licensure”: a state license in audiology as well as a second license in hearing aid dispensing. Since hearing aid dispensing is within the scope of practice for audiologists the additional hearing aid dispensing license is repetitive.  NJAA has been diligently working on single licensure status for audiologists.  Our efforts have been recognized by the American Academy of Audiology.  Click here to read more about Dual Licensure from the Jan/Feb 2016 issue of Audiology Today. 

(Posted 1/19/2016)

Contacting Your New Jersey Legislators

The following information comes from http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/legislativepub/our.asp:

Legislators value the opinions and suggestions of their constituents. In addition, through their professionally staffed district offices, legislators are prepared to respond to requests for information about legislative matters or for assistance in dealing with State agencies.

You may call, write or electronically mail legislators at their district offices. Consult the Roster of Members listing at this web site for district office addresses and phone numbers. Or you may write to your representatives either in care of:

New Jersey Senate
State House
P.O. Box 099
Trenton, NJ 08625-0099

or in care of

New Jersey General Assembly
State House
P.O. Box 098
Trenton, NJ 08625-0098

When addressing mail to a legislator, the title "Honorable" should precede the representative's full name. The letter's salutation should read "Dear Senator" or "Dear Assemblyman/woman."





Back to top